St. Joseph Forane Church, Vaikom
St. Joseph Forane Church, located at Pallippurathussery, Vaikom was established in 1391 AD. There are about 650 families under this parish. It was generally believed that the representatives of this church had taken part in the Synod of Diamper (1599). The diocesan curia erected this church as a Forane Church in 1958.
The marriage of St. Joseph with Holy Mary is commemorated here as the major feast. In the contemporary social context, where marital life faces many challenges, lot of people used to visit this church and plead the help of St. Joseph. Believers specially pray for fruitful family life and graceful children.
The present church building was built in 1809 under the vicarship of V. Rev. Fr. Kuriakose Koikkeril. The big and beautiful belfry tower constructed in 1961 is ornamented with 3 bells brought from France in 1923.